Student visa allows them to stay and study in Australia for a full-time higher education course.?
Depends upon the type of study the student wants to pursue (Graduate degree, vocational degree, higher education, English language course) there are several classes of student visas for Australia.-
Below is the list of the student visas currently available.
- Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570)
- Schools (Subclass 571)
- Vocational Education and Training (Subclass 572)
- Higher Education (Subclass 573)
- Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574)
- Non-award (Subclass 575)
- Aus AID or Defence (Subclass 576)
- A professional, manager or government official (Professional Development stream)
- An occupational trainee (Occupational Trainee stream)
- A professional academic (Research stream)
You may be eligible for streamlined visa processing if your main course of study is a Bachelor degree or a Masters by coursework.
The student visa is approved only if it is combined with an accredited course by Australian schools.
Students can adjoin multiple courses in the same visa, such as a language course and a vocational course.
One can get the student visa in a short time only. It costs $535 Australian. Students must provide COE (confirmation code of enrollments). Student visa allows you to work legally part time (up to 40 hours every 2 weeks) during courses period and full time in the weekends.
Students can include family members as dependents.
In order to get a student visa, an applicant must satisfy all legislative criteria.
Below are the requirements for Visa:
- Applicants will need to satisfy Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that they have a genuine intention to stay in Australia on a temporary basis, for the purpose of study or to accompany a student as a dependent or guardian.Applicants may be interviewed in this case.
- Applicants should submittheir offer letter as evidence that they are enrolled in a registered course.
- Applicants need to provide the evidence of determined funds that cover tuition, travel, living costs and school costs for school aged dependents (if applicable). The Application Level will determine the funds.
The following tests are acceptable for the purpose of a student visa;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOFEL IBT)
All applicants for a visa must meet character and health requirements. Applicants only need to bear all the expenses related to medical tests. Only, once the application is approved, their money will be refunded.